Terms & Conditions of Access
By accessing any page of this website and/or using the services, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions without limitation or qualification. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, please immediately discontinue your access to the website and/or use of the service.
Unless otherwise indicated, the copyright in this website and its contents, including but not limited to the text, images, graphics, sound files, animation files, video files, and their arrangement, are the property of the Etiqa, and are protected by applicable Malaysian and international copyright laws. No part or parts of this website may be modified, copied, distributed, retransmitted, broadcast, displayed, performed, reproduced, published, licensed, transferred, sold or commercially dealt with in any manner without the express prior written consent of the Etiqa. You also may not, without the Etiqa’s expressed prior written consent, insert a link to this website on any other website, frame or “mirror” any material contained on this website on any other server. Any such unauthorised reproduction, retransmission or other copying or modification of any of the contents of the Etiqa’s website may be in breach of statutory or common law rights which could be the subject of legal action. The Etiqa disclaims all liability which may arise from any unauthorised reproduction or use of the contents of this Etiqa’s website.
All trademarks, service marks, and logos displayed in this website are the property of the Etiqa and/or their respective third party proprietors as identified in the website. Unless the prior written consent of the Etiqa or the relevant third party proprietor of any of the trademarks, service marks or logos appearing on the website has been obtained, no license or right is granted to any party accessing this website to use, download, reproduce, copy or modify such trademarks, services marks or logos. Similarly, unless the prior written consent of the Etiqa or the relevant proprietor has been obtained, no such trademark, service mark or logo may be used as a link or to mark any link to the Etiqa’s website or any other site.
The Etiqa and/or its partners herein shall in no event be liable for any loss or damages howsoever arising whether in contract, tort, negligence, strict liability or any other basis, including without limitation, direct or indirect, special, incidental, consequential or punitive damages, or loss profits or savings arising in connection with your access or use or the inability to access or use this website (or any third party link to or from the Etiqa’s website), reliance on the information contained in the website, any technical, hardware or software failure of any kind, the interruption, error, omission, delay in operation, computer viruses, or otherwise. This exclusion clause shall take effect to the fullest extent permitted by law.
You hereby irrevocably agree to indemnify and keep indemnified the Etiqa from all liabilities, claims, losses and expenses, including any legal fees that may be incurred by the Etiqa in connection with or arising from (1) your use or misuse of this website and the services provided herein, or (2) your breach of these terms and conditions howsoever occasioned, or (3) any intellectual property right or proprietary right infringement claim made by a third party against the Etiqa in connection with your use of this website.
The Etiqa reserves the right to terminate and/or suspend your access to this website and/or your use of this website at any time, for any reason. In particular, and without limitation, the Etiqa may terminate and/or suspend your access should you violate any of these terms and conditions, or violate the rights of the Etiqa, of any other user, or of any third party.
The failure of the Etiqa to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these terms and conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any part of these terms and conditions is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law, then the invalid and unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of the other provisions of the terms and conditions shall continue in full force and effect. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
These terms and conditions are governed by and are to be construed in accordance with the laws of Malaysia. By accessing this website and/or using the services provided herein by the Etiqa, you hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Malaysian courts in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia in all disputes arising out of or relating to the use of this website. The Etiqa makes no representation that the materials, information, functions and/or services provided on this website are appropriate or available for use in jurisdictions other than Malaysia.
Etiqa is highly committed to ensuring that all transactions performed through our online financial service are secure, safe and confidential. For this purpose, we enforce privacy protection control systems designed to ensure the highest security standards and confidentiality.
- Username and password
- Information protection
- Data confidentiality and data integrity
- Systems security and monitoring
- Computer virus protection
- Updating your browser
- Security tips
To prevent unauthorised access to our online financial services, every customer is required to select a username and an alphanumeric password, which provides access to their financial information. The username must be between 6 to 16 characters and the alphanumeric password between 8 to 12 characters. The password must include both alphabets and numbers but you may also use special characters (e.g. & * $) except spaces.
The username and alphanumeric password are case sensitive. For example, if your password is “fuNNySAD2B” and you key in “fuNNySAD2b”, you will not be able to login (the “b” must be uppercase).
Here are some tips to ensure the integrity of your username and password:
- Do not choose a password that others can easily guess.
- Do not use simple words, your name, birth date, telephone number or names listed in a standard dictionary.
- Memorise your password and do not write it down.
- Passwords or PINs should be used when accessing an online account to protect your personal information.
- Sharing your password or PIN with another person is the same as giving that individual authority to use your name in a transaction. It should not be disclosed even if requested by an authorised Etiqa Officer.
- Change your password frequently.
To create a unique password, try the following methods (but don’t copy the examples):
- Use a combination of unrelated words and numbers
- Use grossly misspelt or mistyped words
E.g. sinaran_07 —: slnalam_07
- Use both upper and lower case characters
E.g. funnysad2b —: fuNNySAD2B
- Use a line of lyrics or poem
E.g. “A thousand sad reasons for a broken heart” —: 1Ksrfabh
- Ensure no one has access to your computer or records your online activities.
- Always log out of Etiqa immediately after completing transactions and before visiting other websites.
- Do not send any information about your account via e-mail.
- Disable the AutoComplete function on your browser to avoid automatic completion of your ID when you type in User ID.
- To turn AutoComplete “On” or “Off” in MS Internet Explorer browser:
- Click the “Tools” menu to get the “Internet Options” function.
- Click “Internet Options” to get the “Content” tab.
- From this tab, click the “AutoComplete” button.
- Uncheck “User names and passwords on forms”.
More Security Tips
- Don’t open suspicious e-mail attachments.
- Avoid downloading free programs. These may incorporate hacker-friendly software.
- Download security updates regularly.
- Don’t use the “remember password” function because this information can be easily accessed by hackers.
- Clear your cache (information stored in your computer memory) each time you log out. Click “clear your cache
- ” in the Etiqa logout page and follow the step-by-step instructions.
An EV SSL certificate offers the highest available levels of trust and authentication to your website, designed to strengthen e-commerce security and combat phishing attacks to make EV SSL the most complete SSL certificate available. The green address bar prominent displays Etiqa’s name and provides highly visual assurance to customers ensuring that the site is secure. It also provides immediate trust and helps customer conversion with 2,048 – bit and highest assurance SSL Certificate.
The Etiqa has adopted a combination of the following systems security and monitoring measures for online transactions:
- Firewall systems, strong data encryption, anti-virus protection and round-the-clock security surveillance systems to detect and prevent any form of illegitimate activities on our network systems.
- Regular security reviews of our systems by our internal System Auditor as well as external security experts.
- When you have a broadband connected to the Internet (always-on connection), consider installing a personal firewall. At a minimum, power-off your PC when not in use.
- We also take every effort in ensuring collaboration with major vendors/manufacturers to keep abreast of information security technology developments, for possible and future implementation.
An Internet browser allows access and the ability to navigate a myriad of information and service resources on the Internet. Most computers come with a browser already installed.
- Always update your browser when new versions are released because they often include new security features.
- Check your browser for built-in safety features that you may or may not elect to use.
- Do not install unnecessary extensions or plugins to the web browser.
- Regularly clear all the cache, cookies and temporary files from the browser history.
- It is a good practice to always check the site certificate before login.
Transport Layer Security (TLS) is an encryption standard that provides privacy and data security between web servers and the web browsers you use through your device.
1. Google Chrome: Version 72 and higher
2. Microsoft Internet Explorer: Version 11
3. Microsoft Edge: Version 12 and higher
4. Mozilla Firefox: Version 66 and higher
5. Safari: Version 12 and higher